Sunday, May 11, 2008

...And I Think...

On Friday we were out watering the plants, DaDa's garden and the trees. The day before we got bitten by some mosquitoes and so today we are in long sleeves. I look at Kelly as she calmly waters the trees and wonder who she would have been if she had stayed in China with her loving biological parents.

Would she laugh at the same things? Would she have the same infectious humor? Would she have the same hugs for her stuffed animals and babies? ...and then I think...and it makes me smile and I feel so lucky that I get to be Kelly's MaMa, ME!

As I type this we watch the movie "Cast Away" starring Tom Hanks about being stranded on a island for four years. (He has just returned home.) Listening to the music makes me grateful for all that I have. God certainly has a way of making his points.

So, here's wishing all the Moms out there a Happy Mother's Day! May your memories be sweet and your blessings bountiful.

6 comments:

Nanette said...

Happy Mother's Day Juliet.

Isn't it something how those moments hit you out of nowhere.
Lacie can be doing something for the first time or something so darn cute and then it hits me. My mind then drifts to her biological family. I just feel so sad that they have no idea what this little girl is doing. Lets just hope they have found peace in their decision!

Christi and Abbey said...

Aren't we so blessed! How did we ever get such wonderful children. It was so worth everything.
Love the pool pic's of Kelly in her duckie suit.
I am amazed at her salsa eating photos. You Texans start them young, don't you?

Truly Blessed said...

You know, there are some mysteries on this earth I think we'll never fully understand until we get to heaven - this is one of those mysteries. But, I fully believe that God is in the business of creating beauty from ashes and, in my mind, our daughter's stories exemplify that concept.

Happy Mother's Day, MaMa! I hope you had a wonderful day with your sweet blessing!

k1 said...

I hope you had a great Mother's Day. Kelly is lucky to have been matched with you as her MaMa.

k1 said...

Just saw ALL the retro blogging you've done. There must have been a good half dozen or more posts added over the past month that I hadn't seen.

Sorry I keep missing your calls. It seems I am always on the run.

k1 said...

Happy Birthday Lee!