Last night after our evening stroll around the neighborhood we could see off in the distance more thunderstorms slowly rolling in. The clouds were so big puffy and fat. As we first walked out of the house I asked DaDa if he had his camera and he said, "No". I told him he should go get it. He said, "Na". A few houses down he decided to run back and get it.
The clouds were so luminous. They were white, grey, pink, lavender and so many beautiful colors! DaDa said that our little camera could not register the beauty, so we took mental notes.
We took photos anyway. There was no way to capture the huge expanse of sky and the artistry painted there. The images here give an idea, but don't come close to the actual experience of gazing upon that incredible sky.
I used both hands to moved Kelly's head in the direction of the clouds. She said, "Awwwwwww!" like she usually does and then, "Wow!" when the lightning started. The storms were about 30 miles away DaDa said and that gave us plenty of time to make our round.When we got home I picked Kelly up and she and I looked out the back door at the sky. The storm was getting closer and the light show was only beginning.
A couple days later, DaDa stitched some of the images together. The resulting image below conveys the sky a little better, but it was still much better in person. Definitely a "you had to be there" moment...
1 comment:
Just catching up on your blog. I miss those beautiful thunderstorms we had in Oklahoma. I loved Kelly's horse video! I asked Abbey if she wanted to ride one when we were at the farm and she firmly declined. Kelly is blossoming in your love and care.
Post a Comment