I realized that retro blogging (as well as retro blog reading) was just as acceptable in my reality of my world.
This year I turned a seasonal business into a small money making business. It came along with it's disadvantages. I felt guilty taking time away from Kelly and doing every thing else half way. This MaMa has too many things to do and achieve and not enough quality time to throw to each category.
There are all kinds of people in this world. I believe myself to be Super! (tee hee) and a Mom, but not a super Mom. My head is plagued with so many creative endeavors that it sometimes gives me a headache. The good from these endeavors I will teach my daughter. I will teach her the strengths that I have cultivated and survival skills that will help her in becoming a caring, loving, wonder-filled human being.
...and now back to my little art company. Thanks to God for hearing my prayers that we needed help with our new home. He heard me and then the opportunities came my way. It's just like what they say, be careful what you ask for.
Thanks to my Mom who was here helping, painting, cleaning and morally supporting us, and to our friends who gave of their time tirelessly.
I'm kind of sad to see this year go by. It has been one of the most challenging and rewarding years of my life.
... and so, as DaDa and I have discussed, our blog is for Kelly to some day read. I try not to write too much of the ordinary, but then if you look at it everything is. It's ordinary and wonderful! Our Catch 22 life is very important to us. We live to live and we blog to remember... MaMa

5 comments:
Happy New Year!!!
We were So glad to see you all again & so sorry to leave without seeing you again. :( Please forgive us for the quick return home.
MaMa, I think you ARE a super mama. :) Kelly is a happy, sweet attached & bonded child. Life is not easy. & I think you both are wonderful parents!
What a lovely post. I appreciate how you are trying to be true to all parts of yourself, the Mom part and the creative artist part.
And I especially love the final line, "we live to live and we blog to remember". Very well put.
Check your email, I'm going to send you a note about my purchase...
K
I am the very PROUD owner of lots of your beautiful creations. I have gotten SO many compliments on the snowflake necklace. If you make more of those for next season, I will bet they will sell quickly.
BTW, I hope Kelly is feeling better!
Nothing better than hearing that tiny voice say she loves you too. Can't ever get enough of that!! Best of luck with all your future creative efforts... all super mom's need some kind of outlet.
/karen
Post a Comment