Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Kelly's First Art Museum Visit

Today we took Kelly to visit her first art museum.

MaMa got Kelly ready and put her pink little sweater on a chair in the living room and told her to go see if Grandma was ready. Kelly is walking now and knows exactly how to get to Grandma's room. Later Grandma told MaMa that Kelly showed up with the little sweater in her hand telling Grandma to put it on her.

Here is Grandma, Kelly and MaMa waiting to take the elevator up.

DaDa met us there after work. Kelly was most impressed with the big cow. She told us it was a dog by saying, "Wow,Wow" (that's her way of saying bow wow).

Kelly likes Angels very much.

Here is MaMa explaining to Kelly to use her indoor museum voice.

What Kelly likes most about the museum is the echo of her tiny, I mean loud voice as is echoes in the skyscraper tall vaulted ceilings.

Here we are standing under the Chihuly hand blown glass installation.


Kelly nearly sprained her neck looking up at all the vibrantly colored glass vessels.

Grandma, DaDa and Kelly.
This woman artist sketched the three wives that her uncle had in his lifetime and then did a mosaic by sewing buttons on them. It was fascinating to see how she achieved the highlights and shadows on a large scale using only buttons.

It was Kelly's 15th month Birthday anniversary and so after the museum DaDa took us out to eat.

2 comments:

Truly Blessed said...

What a fun visit you had! I always nearly sprain my neck when I look at Chihuly glass exhibits too. There's a neat article about him in this month's Smithsonianmagazine (at least I think it's the Smithsonian).

You know when you read something to fast, you might misinterpret what was written? Well, I read that Kelly has "a tiny, mean loud voice", and I thought that was really funny. Then I re-read the post and saw what you really said. I'm going to think of Kelly all day with a "tiny, mean loud voice" in the museum!

So...EB just asked if I wanted to come with him to San Antonio in early December for a conference... and of course I said, "YES!" Nothing is firm, but it would be so much fun to see y'all and get the girls together again. I'll let you know more details when/if I get them.

Happy 15 months to sweet little Kelly!

k1 said...

Ya'll know that Chihuly is here in Seattle, right? There's LOTS of his work to see here. It's worth a visit! HINT!!!!!